Monday, June 27, 2005

Me... an Engineer... theoretically...

12th September, 2001 to 8th June, 2005 sure as hell has been a long journey. This was the extent of the roller coaster ride called engineering. Well, although I'm still awaiting results, I've started calling myself an engineer. Of course, if my friend Rohan comes upon this blog, he'll immediately say "Rupsha, Not yet" and Aniruddha will say "We are theoretically engineers"... The practical side will be tested only when all of us start working.

I still remember Day 1 of engineering. I did not know a soul in my class. I was apprehensive, yet excited. Our seniors showed us around college and we were looking around, trying to absorb the scene of what was to be our second home for the next 4 years. Now when I look back, the sight of the slightly scared 18 year old newbie brings a smile on my face. Sometimes I fool around and tell my close friends "Hey! You never said Hi on that day... How mean!"... He he... It feels like an aeon has gone by. And once again we are out to face new people, new challenges...

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like when I start working, leaving the serious part aside where all that I've learnt for the past 4 years will be put to test. I can come back home after work, sit n watch TV, or surf the net or may be write a blog. I wouldn't have to worry about home work (a concept that I've almost forgotten in my college...he he) or about writing sheets and preparing for submissions or studying for an exam. Of course anyone who's already started working would probably beg to disagree and say "Hah! The grass is always greener on the other side". But it's so much different when you are a student and when you've started working. Yes, both involve a lot of learning, but the way the knowledge is obtained and/or applied are a lot different.

Besides what we've learnt from the 39 subjects (that sounds like a huge number, doesn't it?), I guess some way or the other all of us have matured in these 4 years, we've grown and seen each other grow as human beings. There have been happy moments and rough patches that we've had to battle and we've come out of them all with flying colours. My friend Indranil perhaps rightly says "This is the spirit of COEP..."

These 4 years of mine have indeed been an experience and have given me a horde of memories that I can treasure for life... OK, now I'm getting emotional so before I get all choked up and add to the already incessant rains, I'll sign off... Adios Amigos! cya around!

1 comment:

Elusionist said...

nice rupsha
so the chatterbox has finally bwgun writing
u gave a third person view of the last four years
but i'm sure thins were not so monotonous
anywars looking forward to ur next publishing
adios